New Forum | Previous | Next | (P-PDF) Beginners
Topic: Adobe Capture Indexing Questions
Conf: (P-PDF) Beginners, Msg: 107814
Date: 3/18/2004 01:22 AM
I am looking for lessons learned regading Adobe Capture ASAP.
I have 20 to 40 thousand pages to scan and index and post on a Web Site for other users to find. I am looking at Adobe Capture to create indexing (searchable words).
- I also have a number of documents already in PDF format that have not been indexed. Can Capture create metadata for already formatted documents or do I need to create metadata manually.
- When installing Capture does this automatically integrate itself with my Adobe Software. (Never seen it used)?
- How does it create an index - do I provide guidance on how or where to look for to create meaningful indexing. Can I modify what is being indexed?
- Which version of Capture is best if I want to use this on multiple work stations 3 to 5.
- Is my assumption correct that Google will search on this index information as well as the metadata I create manually. I am trying to avoid creating manual entry of metadata.
Thanks for feedback