Previous | Next | (P-PDF) Acrobat 6.0
Topic: PDF Search -Urgent
Conf: (P-PDF) Acrobat 6.0, Msg: 108406
Date: 3/26/2004 10:12 PM
We need to make a CD with Browse and Search capability on a 150 page PDF. For the Browse capability - we plan to create an
XML file with all the Chapters, Sections and Figures. The PDF will be in French, so many third-party tools are not supported.
Hence we have the following questions.
For the Search capability, we are planning to break-down the PDF Chapterwise and also have copies of the same in Word DOC or
XML formats. The Search would function on these .DOC or .XML files and lead the user - on clicking the Chapter/ Section/
Figure to the specific Page/ Heading within the PDF file. Also by breaking the PDF chapterwise, the user can bookmark and
save the specific chapter.
FOR BROWSE CAPABILITY
1. Is the above approach okay from a programming point of view? Is there a better way?
2. Upon clikcing a link on either the Chapter or the Section or the Figure, the user must be led to that specific
Chapter/Section/Figure of the PDF OR atleast that Page.
3. Can we do this using VB? We have read that pdf.ocx that would be required could achive this ONLY in a browser, and not in
VB or VB.NET. Is this correct? Is there an alternative?
4. Also, I understand that pdf.ocx cannot be shipped separately, and we have to ship Adobe Reader alongwith the CD, which
would contain the pdf.ocx file
FOR SEARCH CAPABILITY
1. Is this approach okay? Is there a better way?