Planet PDF Forum Archive

Planet PDF ForumWowsers! This is page is old, head to the LIVE Planet PDF Forum. It features more than 10 conferences, covering everything from beginner to in-depth developer and pre-press discussions. If you wish to continue... one & two archive covers 1999-2011 (160,000 pages).


New Forum | Previous | Next | (P-PDF) Acrobat 6.0


Topic: Inconsistency during batch process
Conf: (P-PDF) Acrobat 6.0, Msg: 108682
From: maxlas
Date: 4/1/2004 08:33 AM

Using Adobe Acrobat 6.0.0, I have developed a batch sequence that: 1) updates security 2)executes Javascript that creates forms and sets a page open action 3) updates security a second time. When I run this sequence on approx. 125 files it is successful on about 90% of the files. On the other 10% it completes the security setting portions, but does not execute the Javascript. The files on which it fails are the same every time. If I run the batch sequence on the problem files individually, it works. If I create two batch sequences, one to complete action 1 above and 1 to complete actions 2 and 3 above I have no problems. What could be causing the problems for the select files when attempting to complete all three actions in one sequence?


PDF In-Depth Free Product Trials Ubiquitous PDF

Debenu Aerialist 12

The ultimate plug-in for Adobe Acrobat. Advanced splitting, merging, stamping, bookmarking, and link...

Download free demo

Debenu PDF Tools Pro

It's simple to use and will let you preview and edit PDF files, it's a Windows application that makes...

Download free demo

PDF Master Series III: Eugene Y. Xiong talks with Planet PDF

Planet PDF talks with another Master of the PDF Universe, Eugene Y. Xiong, Founder and Chairman of the Board at Foxit Software Inc. in Fremont California. Xiong is a quiet yet astounding achiever, you (usually) won't find him talking at conferences, exhibits, or publishings, but what you will find is the result of his leadership in places you would never expect.

September 14, 2016
Platinum Sponsor



Search Planet PDF
more searching options...
Planet PDF Newsletter
Most Popular Articles
Featured Product

Debenu PDF Aerialist 12

The ultimate plug-in for Adobe Acrobat. Advanced splitting, merging, stamping, bookmarking, and link control. Take Acrobat to the next level.

Features

Adding a PDF Stamp Comment

OK, so you want to stamp your document. Maybe you need to give reviewers some advice about the document's status or sensitivity. This tip from author Ted Padova demonstrates how to add stamps with the Stamp Tool along with related comments.