New Forum | Previous | Next | (P-PDF) Developers
Topic: Do not send fonts to Distille
Conf: (P-PDF) Developers, Msg: 108753
Date: 4/2/2004 03:20 AM
I am trying to convert a .doc to .pdf from an application I wrote in C++, but no luck
Everybody talks about the two step operation with Adobe Acrobat:
1) Automate Word to produce a PostScript file
2) Use Distiller API to convert the PostScript file to pdf
I managed to change the ActivePrinter to "Acrobat Distiller" (that Adobe installed in my system) ant I tried to
PrintToFile, but this error arise:
Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup.
Try one or more of the following:
* Check the printer by printing a test page from Windows.
* Make sure the printer is turned on and online.
* Reinstall the printer driver
I get the same error if I try to do this from Word app and leave the "Do not send fonts to Distiller" option checked, so I suppose this is the problem
But how to workaround it ?
Can anyone recommend a decent (as price) soft for doing this without droping the quality of the .pdf created?
Thanks in advance