New Forum | Previous | Next | (P-PDF) Beginners
Topic: PDF is not opening properly from Intranet Server
Conf: (P-PDF) Beginners, Msg: 114832
Date: 7/5/2004 09:00 PM
At first and very short the the Symptoms:
- TSW (Apache) as Intranetserver on WIN-XP Pro.
- IE6 and Acrobat Reader 5 or 6 on Clients
- I can open PDF from the Internet on the client
- I can open PDF-Files on the Intranet-Server
- I can open PDF-Dateien from the Intranet-Server at the Client, when I'm using shared nework drives
So far so good, but now the fun starts:
- I CAN NOT open any PDF-Files at the CLient (from the Intranet-Server) which I access over the a href Tag on an Intranet-Site.
If I try, I get in the first Step just a blank screen where the PDF should appear (depends on how I set the target value in the a href Tag).
- In the Task-Manager I see that the Acrobat Reader is working (or better hanging)[0% CPU-Usage] (even after I close the Borwser Window). When I kill the Reader Task via the Task Manager and try againthe following happens:
- With Acrobat Reader 5.0.1 I'm able to open all PDFs fine.
- With Acrobat Reader 6.0.0 I'm able to open PDFs which I downloaded from the Internet. But I'm not able to opne any of my self-created PDFs (I used several Freeware Tools, all basing on Ghostscript 8). When I try to open these Files I get an "File is corrupted" Error Message.
OK, that's it in a nutshell. At the Moment I'm out of Ideas, so everything I can say now is: HEEEEEELLLP!!!!!