New Forum | Previous | Next | (P-PDF) Acrobat 6.0
Topic: Form Changes from Acrobat 5.0 to 6.0
Conf: (P-PDF) Acrobat 6.0, Msg: 134066
Date: 6/8/2005 02:47 AM
Hello! I've built a really complex form using Adobe Acrobat 5.0 and am nearing completion, however, I've run into a snag that's causing me quite a bit of problems in Acrobat Reader 6.0.
My form consists of basically three parts:
1. Personal Information section (requesting basic info such as name, address, phone...)
2. Type of order section (allows the user to select a type of order from a series of radio buttons
3. Product Ordering section (users can select from pre-listed products or enter new items including info such as price and qty)
Based on these three sections I have some validation associated with a print button. The print validation does the following when the print button is clicked:
1. Ensures everything in section 1 is completed in full
2. Ensures that an order type has been selected in section 2
3. Ensures that the minimum order of $20 has been reached.
My form works fabulously in Acrobat Reader 5.0, however, in 6.0 there seems to be a delay in the validation.
For example, if the user fails to select an order type and tries to print, they'll receive an alert box instructing them to select an order type. If the user then selects an order type and goes directly back to the print button, they'll receive the same error message again. However, if they click somewhere within the form before clicking on the print button again, the error message will not appear.
Basically, it seems as if the focus remains on the errored field even after a change to that field has been made.
Does anyone know of a good way to overcome this problem? It seems like Acrobat 6.0 took a step back with this since the form can potentially confuse users.
As an FYI, we are limited to version 6.0, and cannot move up to a higher version of Acrobat at this time.
Any information would be great! Thanks so much for your help!!