New Forum | Previous | Next | (P-PDF) Mac Issues
Topic: Created pdf w/ Designer 7 on PC, prob w/ Acro 6 Pro on the Mac
Conf: (P-PDF) Mac Issues, Msg: 154406
Date: 9/20/2006 04:05 PM
1. Created form on a PC using Designer 7.0 and saved the form as compatible for Acrobat 6.0.
2. Emailed the form "shirt.pdf" and opened it on a Mac Mini running OS X Tiger and Acrobat 6 Professional. The Mac software is all updated and so is Acrobat Professional 6.0.5.
(created form in Designer 7 on PC, opening w/ Acro 6 Pro on the Mac)
3. Filled in the form, saved it, printed it out on paper. Closed shirt.pdf, opened shirt.pdf, data is all there.
NOW...this is where the problem rears its ugly head:
4. When I attach the file to a message in the Mac's Mail program the DATA is not displayed (neither in the attachment preview nor in the message that was sent).
5. Thinking this was an issue with the Mail program, I tried Yahoo webmail, and the same thing happened. As soon as the form is attached, the data is stripped out.
Note the pdf was saved as compatible with Acro 6, and still it loses the data when its attached to an email.
TIA for the brain cycles cause I'm stumped by this one.