New Forum | Previous | Next | (P-PDF) Beginners
Topic: Date Time Field - Current Date with User Overrride Option (Via Email), 1 Attachments
Conf: (P-PDF) Beginners, Msg: 163545
Date: 11/30/2007 05:28 AM
I have just learned how to create forms with Adobe LiveCycle Designer(Acrobat Professional 8.1). I am trying to expand my skills and enhance my forms with some basic scripting using FormCalc.
Can someone please take a look at my efforts and perhaps point me in the right direction? Any help will be highly appreciated.
To create a date/time field that will automatically populate into a forms design.
The date field must be formatted MM/DD/YYYY and must be able to be overridden by user input.
1. I added a Date/Time Field object onto the form design.
2. In the Object palette, I selected the Value tab and select Calculated – User can Override Only from the Type list.
3. From the Show dropdown menu I selected layout:ready*
4. The Language = FormCalc and Run = Client.
5. The FormCalc script I used is as follows:
$.rawValue = Num2Date(Date(), "MM/DD/YYYY")
This solution works to automatically populate the date, it also allows the user to override the date but, the user override date does not stay put. The script automatically changes it back to the current date. How can I make the date intially populate to the current date, but allow the user to change it?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Current Date - User Override.pdf