New Forum | Previous | Next | (P-PDF) What's Wrong with my PDF?
Topic: Empty fields in signed pdf + Reader 9.1.x
Conf: (P-PDF) What's Wrong with my PDF?, Msg: 171436
Date: 9/12/2009 03:43 AM
Hi. This is the sequence of events for the problem we are experiencing:
1. We generate a PDF by merging with an FDF using itext. The result PDF is encrypted and signed.
2. We had a problem where the encrypted/signed document was properly formatting the fields (i.e. adding the dolar sign to a amount field) but the clear one did not (showed 0.9 instead of $0.90)
3. The problem was solved by setting generate appearances to false, and all worked fine with Reader 9.0.X (both signed and unsigned form) BUT
4. With Reader 9.1.X the signed form comes blank. The info is there, and shows if I allow field modification and I select the field, but neither appears nor prints. The unsigned form is loaded without problem.
5. If I view the signed version, view report I see an "4002 PDF content contains errors" message, but I can't identify the problem.
6. I used Adobe Acrobat->Advanced->Preflight to try to find the error, no luck.
7. I tried flattening the form, not encrypting, no luck.
Please help! Thanks.