New Forum | Previous | Next | (P-PDF) Developers
Topic: PDF Spitter
Conf: (P-PDF) Developers, Msg: 55491
Date: 5/29/2002 05:12 PM
Need suggestions to reach this goal.
Use or create an application/plug-in that will automate the process of being able to read a PDF document, split that PDF document into individual PDF documents according to pre-established business rules and deposit them into specific folders.
- Monitor a folder for master PDF documents.
- Read a master PDF document page per page and search for specific text (customer account #). The customer account # can be available through an .ini file.
- Once this specific text located, identify the span (number of pages) of the invoice.
- Save the resulting pages into a new PDF document naming it through a concatenation of the customer name and the invoice #.
- The location of this new PDF document would be indicated into the same .ini file mentioned above.
- Redo the same procedure until the application/plug-in reaches the end of the master PDF document.
- After the last invoice, move the master PDF document to an archive folder and read a new master PDF document and restart the process and so on.
- The application/plug-in will include a user interface to enter specific configurations and maintenance of an *.ini file serving as a template.
- The application/plug-in shall require a minimum human intervention in its daily operations. Only for managing user accounts or destination folders management should user intervention be needed.
- The application/plug-in would, ideally, be developed as an NT service.
- The application/plug-in must support Windows NT 4.0 or +.
- The application/plug-in must be able to understand UNC path specifications.