New Forum | Previous | Next | (P-PDF) Beginners
Topic: Exporting from Pagemaker: reducing the size of files
Conf: (P-PDF) Beginners, Msg: 76135
Date: 11/11/2002 05:42 PM
I need some help in reducing the size of files exported from Pagemaker 6.5 for Windows. The final document is to be used on a web site, but I want it to be printable at reasonable resolution.
I have a group of files, which I then put together to make a single PDF, and I've tried various things to reduce the size of the final PDF.
1. Increased the compression to high.
2. Used manual compression to 300 dpi.
3. Exported as a book rather than single files.
4. Changed the colour from CYMK to RGB.
5. Changed the setting from Acrobat 4 to 3.
6. 'Saved as' the final document.
7. 'Saved as' a postscript file and redistilled.
What concerns me is that the final size of the files is so unpredictable. For example, one of the original files was about 1 MB on my first attempt, using medium compression, but became over 4 MB when I used high compression.
This often happens to me: when I deliberately try to export to a smaller file, it actually becomes larger.
Rhana in Sydney