New Forum | Previous | Next | (P-PDF) Developers
Topic: using Visual basic to modify pdf (Via Email)
Conf: (P-PDF) Developers, Msg: 78824
Date: 1/1/2003 08:47 AM
I need to write some code (VB) that will modify pdf documents page charactersitics i.e I need to resize the page .I need a batch utility to take PDFs and change them so that when they are opened they fit into the window they are opened up in. i.e if displayed within a web browser, to resize themselves automatically to "fit to the screen".
If I was to do this manually in Acrobat these are the steps I would follow:
1) Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat
2) From the file menu choose, document security, and make sure
the security settings are set that you can make changes to the
3) From the document menu choose, SET PAGE ACTION.
4) In the page actions dialogue box, click ADD, (on the right
5) In the add an action dialogue box, click the drop down list
and choose EXECUTE MANU ITEM (which is the first in the list),
then click EDIT MENU ITEM button.
6) In the menu item selection dialogue, choose the view menu and
click FIT IN WINDOW and click OK, now back to the add an action
dialogue click SET ACTION button. Now back to the page actions
dialogue box click OK.
7) Save the changes to your PDF. (file menu and save)
Do you know how I can do this in VB, iI have been told I can use an application object but I do not know how to use the adobe app object in VB.I am an intermediate VB programmer.
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now