Contest: Cool Things You Can Do with the Acrobat 5 SDK
Goal: to collect some of the coolest 'I didn't know you could do
that' implementations, solutions
3 May 2002
By Kurt Foss, Planet PDF Editor
For next fall's (Sept. 9-12) Seybold PDF Conference in San Francisco, organizers are planning a new session within the Adobe Acrobat Developers track that will showcase some of the most innovative and effective applications completed within an enterprise or corporate setting using the Acrobat Software Development Kit (SDK).
To help identify and recognize these so-called "Cool Things You Can Do with the Acrobat Toolkit," Planet PDF, a co-sponsor of the Seybold PDF Conference, is hosting this special collaborative promotion with the conference so developers will have the opportunity to nominate their best efforts for consideration.
Top entries will not only qualify for high-profile industry recognition at the Seybold PDF Conference in September, but winning developers will each receive free copies of Adobe Acrobat 5 software from Adobe Systems Inc. and ARTS PDF Tools, an Acrobat 5 add-on, from Planet PDF.
Projects must be:
- based on Acrobat 5.x and/or be a PDF 1.4 solution
- of interest to an audience of developers
- part of a corporate or enterprise solution i.e. workflow (not merely a cute trick)
Please submit the following information for each nominated application:
- Name of developer(s)
- Email address of developer(s)
- Telephone number of developer(s)
- Company or organization name
- Company or organization addresss -- city, state/province, country
- Brief description of problem or challenge
- Brief description of Acrobat 5 SDK-based solution
- Brief description of status or current use of solution
- URL for more information - if applicable
Send all requested information via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the 'Subject' field text: Acrobat 5 SDK Contest.
Written submissions will be reviewed initially by the Developer Conference Track Chair and Session Chair, then tentatively ranked. Developers whose applications are considered to be in the Top 10 of all submissions will be contacted to request additional information, and to either arrange a demo or to provide detailed screen shots. A final ranking will determine the best entries.
The nomination period is now open, and submissions will be accepted until July 1, 2002.