First magazine devoted to Adobe InDesign announced
Bi-monthly issues (paid subscription) will be delivered electronically in PDF
24 May 2004
The first magazine devoted to Adobe InDesign is coming. Published by leading Web content provider creativepro.com in association with page-layout authority David Blatner, InDesign Magazine (www.indesignmag.com) will provide the growing community of InDesign users with expert advice for designers, publishers, graphic artists, and visual communicators.
Each bi-monthly issue of the paid-subscription-based magazine will include features such as:
- Step-by-step techniques for making the most of InDesign's features
- Tips from in-the-trenches "InDesigners"
- Expert advice on resolving pre-press and production issues
- Hands-on experience with InDesign's powerful features
- News about the latest developments
- Reviews of third-party plug-ins and add-ons
- Examples of cutting-edge InDesign work from today's top designers
- Listings of local user groups, events, and other resources
"As a result of Adobe InDesign's rapid acceptance by publishers and designers, users are hungry for authoritative information," said Pamela Pfiffner, editor in chief of InDesign Magazine. "While creativepro.com will continue to be a great resource for InDesign users, we believe the time is right for a targeted publication."
InDesign Magazine will be available by paid subscription. Bi-monthly issues will be delivered electronically in PDF. To sign up for a free trial issue, go to www.indesignmag.com.
Annual subscription rate for 6 issues is $79, although a $59 charter subscriber rate is currently in effect. "Show special" rates will also be offered. Corporate and educational institution rates are available as well.
The first issue is scheduled for distribution in mid-July, coincident with the InDesign Conference 2004 in Boston. For more information on the conference, see www.theindesignconference.com.