This policy covers the following two Debenu Web sites:
As our user community--including visitors to any of our family of Web sites, discussion forum members, newsletter subscribers and customers--is our most valued asset, we will strictly adhere to the policy statement detailed below. Please take a few minutes to read the entire document so you understand when and why we request certain kinds of information, and what options you have for controlling your personal information.
Our Pledge to You
In short, we will make every effort to safeguard any information you may share with us through any of a variety of possible online exchanges and transactions. We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our sites unless you choose to provide such information to us.
We do not sell, rent, swap or otherwise disclose any personal information -- except in the specific case of sales or demo downloads of commercial software products. This exception is explained in Section D below.
A. Requesting Your Personal Information
While most information at the sites is freely available, at times we request certain personal information from users wishing to take advantage of specific opportunities. Providing identifying information is optional in some cases, required in others (e.g. PDF Store purchases).
We request your personal information -- which may include such things as email address, name, address, telephone number, etc. -- in exchange for certain activities, including:
- one-time Planet PDF forum access registration (or use Read-Only guest access)
- Planet PDF Newsletter subscriptions
- Product demo downloads
- Adobe Acrobat Reader downloads
- Periodic surveys and/or contests
- PDF-on-the-fly postcard service
- Other interactive components we may add to our sites
In order to activate your Planet PDF newsletter subscriptions you must fill out a one-time registration page which requires your email address and various demographic data about yourself. The registration must use a valid email address which must be confirmed via the confirmation email that is sent to the account. If your account is not confirmed through the email we will then discard the address and all information associated with it. We will not sell, rent, swap or otherwise disclose the information you used to register with.
B. Use of "cookies"
- Planet PDF makes use of "per-session cookies" (to monitor traffic patterns), which is deleted when the user leaves the site. This cookie in no way identifies the user; its sole purpose being to monitor traffic patterns. Users can disallow this cookie by configuring their Web browser's preferences.
- The discussion forum areas of each site require the use of a cookie to enable users to navigate between pages and participate in discussions. Choosing not to accept this cookie will mean the Planet PDF Forum will not function correctly.
C. Use of collected information
The Web sites use the information they gather for:
- developing enhancements to its family of Web sites
- restricting anonymous, inappropriate use of the discussion forums
- delivering its free newsletter to subscribers
- internal marketing and promotional purposes
In addition, we routinely track site traffic by analyzing our Web server logs, but nothing in that data reveals your personal identity. We use the log information (for example, length of session, pages viewed, etc.) to help determine overall traffic patterns, to determine user interests and to continue improving the site to better serve our user community.
From time to time, we may directly contact a user about a specific question, problem, comment or idea that he or she has posted -- we are always looking for user experiences to share with the rest of the community.
Our sites utilize state-of-the-art security technology to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of such information. Nonetheless, we are not responsible for any breach of its security or for the actions of any third parties that may obtain any personal information.
F. Removal from distribution lists, databases
Subscribers to Planet PDF and the Planet PDF Newsletter may remove their personal information from our distribution lists as follows:
- For Planet PDF: Please use the Contact Us form available under the 'About Planet PDF menu of Planet PDF to send us an email regarding your request.
- Planet PDF Newsletter recipients can cancel their free subscriptions at any time at the subscription page.
- If you have a problem, please let us know through the Planet PDF contact form.
The only way to receive the newsletter is either by directly subscribing from the small form on the home page, or by indicating an interest while registering for downloads, participating in surveys, etc. Users who subscribe to the Planet PDF newsletters will continue to receive relevant newsletters by email at regularly timed intervals.
G. Review and Correction
After logging in to the Planet PDF Forum web site, registered forum members can at any time access their User Profiles to make changes. Registered participants also have the option to receive forum messages via email by selecting that option after logging in to the general forum area.
H. Changes to this policy